You must have a certified Dog Scout to order this item.
The uniform is not a full-length coat, but more of a waist-coat. The jacket should only come partway down the dog's back ~ just past the end of his ribcage. The neck opening fits more around the shoulder area than the neck. The Jacket should start at about the shoulder blades. The length on the sides should only come about half-way down the dog's body. It should not impede his front leg action.
The Dog Scout Uniforms come in RED only.
The uniforms are fastened with velcro, and there is a several inch leeway where you can overlap it more to get a more snug fit, or barely overlap it to give more room. This accommodates most average-build dogs which are within the weight specified on the size range.
Uniform sizes and the breeds (average size) which would fit in them:
- Toy ~ Under 10 lbs (Yorkshire Terriers, Toy Poodles)
- Extra Small ~ 10 to 20 lbs (Basenjis, Fox Terriers)
- Small ~ 20 to 35 lbs (Corgi's, Cockers)
- Medium ~ 35 to 50 lbs (most Border Collies, Springer Spaniels)
- Large ~ 50 to 65 lbs (Goldens, Labs)
- Extra Large ~ 65 to 80 lbs (German Shepherds, Collies)
- XXL ~ 80 to 100+ lbs (giant breeds)
You may, however, need to get a custom size if your dog is in one of the following categories:
- A dog with a build which is at one extreme or the other (very skinny for his size, like a sighthound, or very portly for his size, like a Bulldog)
- A dog which has a profuse coat (like a Chow or a Collie)
- A dog which has very short legs (like a Corgi or a Basset)
- A dog which has a disproportionately long back for the size of his body (Dachshund, Alaskan Husky)
If you feel your dog will need a custom fitted uniform, please download this order form, and place your order by mail, or call us. Send your completed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure you select your desired cape size by clicking the appropriate checkbox below.
This product was added to our catalog on Monday 06 October, 2014.